For the Engineering & Development department, YMI is looking for a PRODUCT ENGINEER. In this position you will be responsible for the design of marine pleasure craft inboard diesel engine systems. The type of projects could include: new product development, value improvement projects, quality improvement projects, boat tests, assembly support and marketing enhancements.
Yanmar Marine International (YMI), located in Almere the Netherlands, is the global head office of one of the business lines of Yanmar Co. Ltd., the recreational marine business. Yanmar Co. Ltd. is a Japanese family business with 22,000 staff members around the world. Yanmar is an internationally operating organisation that thinks across borders and appreciates different cultures and nationalities. Yanmar is a well-known brand with a global network of official distributors and dealers. The organisation has defined a challenging growth strategy for the next few years and wants to grow in new market areas, regions and expand their business in the Marine sector.
• Responsible for marine pleasure craft diesel engine system layout, design and includes 3D modelling.
• Responsible to support OEM boatbuilders, sales and after sales.
• Responsible for understanding and maintaining the whole marine engine solution system layout and impact on other functional areas.
• Responsible to support in providing input to PV&V (Product Verification & Validation) testcases and review results.
In addition, you will:
• Produce and / or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance of marine engine systems.
• Maintain models / drawings for engineering changes.
• Compile and structure the required information to document the design solution for building of prototypes and adaptation of the design with involvement of other engineers, supply- and sales management.
• Work regularly with colleagues in different Yanmar business units across the world.
• Support engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for end –user information, such as: manuals, charts, and product materials.
• Provide technical support and problem solving expertise to sales, manufacturing and supply management organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and/or automotive (or equivalent);
• Interest in/ affinity for marine recreational applications;
• Knowledge of CREO Pro engineer or similar 3D modeling software;
• Fluent English in speaking and writing;
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally;
• The ability to work both independently and in an engineering team;
• Self-motivator with strong attention to detail.
Candidates must live within a radius of 50 km. from Almere.
A truly international organization with respect for each culture and space for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment where every day is different. Space for initiatives and ideas. Motivated and open colleagues who will welcome you. Quality products with a reliable and excellent image. Yanmar is a stable, solid employer and offers a competitive benefits package.
Mail your motivation letter in English, together with your CV, to Mrs. Trudy van Eikeren, Manager Human Resources.
Telephone number: 036-5493273
SalarisindicatieGeen salarisindicatie opgegeven