Job Title : QHSE Assistant
Function Group : Employee
Department : QHSE Department
Reporting to : QHSE Manager
Per half june/august first 2018
To support QHSE Manager in the achievement of overall business objectives. To support document and safety management system, by establishing, reviewing maintaining and improving the QHSE system documentation and standards in line with latest national and international regulation. Working in a multi-national environment, the official language will be English. The position is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Reviewing and collate relevant data to support the QHSE Manager to monitor and analyze all processes with QHSE department
- Carry out office internal audits and verify compliance with existing safety management procedures, provide recommendation for improvement to QSHE Manager
- Assist in preparing audit plans for vessels and follow audit plan.
- Assist in planning and executing external audits related to ISM/ISPS/MLC/Flag
- Follow up of outstanding issues and recommendation and Non conformities and report to relevant Superintendent when due dates are coming close
- Assist and collect data from all departments and prepare documentation needed for management reviews
- Assist in Preparing and tracking training plan (office / vessel) and assist for implementation of training in office and vessels
- Ensure compliance with D&A policy on board vessels, by initiating random inspections by external companies.
- Arranging annual flag state inspections for all vessels and informing the vessels accordingly for suitable preparation
- Preparing, distributing QHSE/OPS/TECH/VETTING/CREW advisories, safety alerts, circulars and fleet safety memoranda and Technical letters to vessels, follow up feedback and save correspondences.
- Filing, follow up and sharing QHSE related information with all fleet vessels including but not limited to: Hot work / RA / safety meetings
- Compiling incident investigation reports in line with company format for final reports
- Assist in analyzing NCR reports and in liaison with Vetting Marine dept. to prepare preventive actions. DPA will close NC reports
- Assist in following / tracking Master review on SMS and ISPS reviews
- Assist in preparing SMS updates and implementation of same
- Preparing minutes of office meetings when deemed required
- Assisting for planning TMSA internal and external audits
- Assisting ERT during office hours only, to provide support to ERT in matters related to QHSE to facilitate management, coordination and implementations of appropriate measures during an emergency of ASM fleet vessels, with the objective to minimize consequences of the emergency. Updating files required as per emergency manual
- Handling QHSE related invoices, monitoring in time approvals and filing accordingly
- Preparing documents for new vessels and submitting documents / manuals for approval
- Arranging office drills with one selected vessel.
- Preparing monthly themes in closed cooperation with QHSE staff
- To follow daily vessel correspondence and to filter relevant information from QHSE department and alert Superintendent, QHSE Manager accordingly.
- Arrange and summarize management reviews , quarterly and annually
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge & experience with Microsoft office, WORD, Power point and excel.
- Shipping company background – advantage
- We prefer somebody who is living in the Amsterdam area
SalarisindicatieGeen salarisindicatie opgegeven